Welcome to the very first #fortheloveofblog linky!
Yes you did read that correctly: a brand new linky party where bloggers can link up their favourite blog posts and connect with other bloggers!
When I first started blogging in 2013 linky parties were a big thing. At one point there were several running every day of the week in the parenting sector and they were – and are – a great way to connect virtually, support each other and feel like part of a community.
But over the years many of my favourite linkies fizzled out, and feeling all nostalgic during lockdown, when supporting each other virtually suddenly became SO important, it dawned on me: what we need is a brand new linky! So, I got together with some fellow bloggers, we put our thinking caps on and #fortheloveofblog was born.
What’s it all about?
That’s a jolly good question: #fortheloveofblog is just that – a celebration of all things blogging! Anything goes: old posts, new posts – or, if you simply can’t choose one from all your fabulous posts, you can link up your blog so people can choose a post that speaks to them and that they’d like to comment on. Clever, huh?
The linky opens at 6am on Tuesdays and runs until midnight on Fridays and the aim of the game is to engage, connect and create a linky party we all look forward to joining in with each week.
Who are we?
That’s also a jolly good question. If we haven’t had the pleasure before, I’m Natalie, aka Crummy Mummy, an accidental mum of four unashamedly oversharing the truth about my life as a mama. I’ve teamed up with Claire, who you’ll find over at Life, Love and Dirty Dishes sharing hilarious and heart warming tales from the frontline of parenting; Talya, aka Motherhood: The Real Deal, who loves nothing better than telling it how it is (you’ll see!) and DIY Daddy Nigel, who writes all about the ups and downs of having five children. So you see, you’re in good company!
We have never physically met but have known each other for years – which is what blogging is all about and one of the reasons I love it so much!
What’s the point?
#fortheloveofblog is all about creating a community of like-minded bloggers who engage and support each others’ work – because we all know blogging is a labour of love! Great reasons to join in include:
- All-important engagement on your posts, which is what it’s all about!
- Getting to know and connecting with like-minded bloggers
- For every link up you’ll get at least two comments from the hosts
- Back links – each week Claire, Talya, Nigel and I will each choose our favourite post to feature and link back to in the following weeks’ linky, which equals lots of magic back links for your domain authority!
Grab the badge
Simply copy the code below and paste it into your linked up post or blog sidebar to display the badge:
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
The rules are simple – there aren’t many!
- Add the #fortheloveofblog badge to your linked post or blog sidebar by copying the code above and pasting it to your site as html
- Link up a maximum of two posts
- Please comment on each of the hosts posts and one other of your choice (of course, you’re welcome to comment on more!)
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the badge and get linking – I can’t wait to read your posts!