That’s how long it’s been since our rainbow baby graced us with his presence, blinking up at me from under the water of the birthing pool like nothing had happened.
A lot has happened in those five years – we’ve welcomed another baby, making him piggy in the middle, and with another one on the way the scales will soon be tipped again when he’ll be promoted to second oldest (and mightily pleased about that he is too!)
To mark his 5th birthday – and as I have done with both his sisters – I thought it would be fun to pen 5 wishes for my son on his 5th birthday.
5 wishes for my son on his 5th birthday
1. I hope you never grow out of your love of water. The photo of you swimming underwater at five months old is still one of my all-time favourites.
2. Don’t stop calling scaffolding ‘scafflebuilding’. Even if someone does eventually correct you. It sounds so much better.
3. I also hope you don’t grow out of your love of sellotape. It keeps you occupied for hours and is really quite a cheap toy.
4. Although I don’t mind what we have, it would be lovely if the new baby is a boy so you can have a little brother. Otherwise you’re going to be majorly outnumbered.
View this post on Instagram
So I’ve got a confession, a little secret we’ve been keeping at Crummy Mummy HQ: it’s got 10 tiny fingers, 10 tiny toes & will turn our family of 5 into a family of 6 in 2020 ! Baby number 4 is due in the spring! We decided to have a bit of fun telling the kids – it took the oldest less than 10 seconds to work out why she was holding balloon number 1 & I was holding balloon number 4! #pregnancyannouncement #babynumber4 #due2020
5. I hope you continue to enjoy school as much as you have since you started. Even if it does mean you fall asleep on a bean bag and I have to carry you to the car at the end of the day.
Do you have a five-year-old in the house at the moment? What would you wish for? I’d love to know!