Wrinkled tummy, odd shaped boobs and stretch marks in places you didn’t think there could be stretch marks.
I don’t know about you but since becoming a mum things are not the same as they were before. Pregnancy does weird things to your body so it’s not surprising if we have a crisis of confidence when it comes to going back to work or getting back into exercise.
I’m a firm believer in exercise for both the body and the mind (see 5 ways running will change your life and 5 ways to feel instantly better) so today I’m bringing you 5 ways to rock being a gym bunny mum.
I asked some fellow bloggers for some top tips on how to feel confident in the gym after having a baby and here’s what they had to say.
5 ways to rock being a gym bunny mum
1. ‘Wear bright gym clothes with fun slogans! These always make me feel confident!’ Sarah at Run Jump Scrap. Fitness and fashion activewear brand Fabletics, co-founded by Kate Hudson, has some great outfits to choose from.
2. ‘Remember that everyone there is there because they are also trying to get a better body. You are not the only one in that situation regardless of having just had a baby.’ Laura at Mum On A Mission.
3. ‘I did 25km to help me get my confidence back first, in a quiet park, on my own! I did buy new gym wear and trainers to make me feel good – it was so lovely when the leggings got too loose!’ Donna at Bobsy’s Mum.
4. ‘Buy high waisted leggings or gym trousers! They hide my wobbly tum and make sure I don’t feel it wobbling as I run!’ Beth at Twinderelmo.
5. ‘Finding another Mum to work out with made a massive difference to my motivation – I always prefer working out with someone else rather than on my own. We both ran Parkrun together pushing our prams with our babies in on my little one’s first birthday! So memorable!’ Holly at Little Pickle’s Mom.
Have you recently returned to the gym after having a baby? What are your top tips for feeling confident?
This is a collaborative post.