The Lost Sleep Of Motherhood is starting to catch up with me – again.
It’s now three months since Littlest B graced us with her presence which means it’s been a good four months since I had a decent night’s sleep.
The trouble with baby number three is that there simply isn’t a chance to catch up on that lost sleep – there’s too much else going on.
So how can you help yourself feel better when circumstances are conspiring against you? These are my thoughts.
5 ways to feel instantly better
1. Have a bath. I don’t mean the sort of bath when one of them comes in for a great big poo while you’re in it, I mean the sort when the kids are out of the way and you can lie back and relax.
2. Go for a walk. There’s nothing like a good walk to blow away the cobwebs, especially if you’ve had the kind of day when everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. Like the front wheel of the double buggy falling off half way round the supermarket and you’re due at school pick up in 15 minutes. (Wish I’d made that one up, but I haven’t…)
3. Go for a run. I once wrote a post about 5 ways running will change your life, and I really think it can. There’s nothing quite like hot footing it away from the chaos for an hour of pure, unadulterated time to yourself. Run Forest run!
4. Pour a glass of wine. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through the day is the thought of the glass of wine I’m going to pour at the end of it. Don’t feel guilty about it, embrace it! Although possibly not at 8am. Although I’m not judging.
5. Chat to a mum (or dad) friend. There’s nothing quite like talking to a fellow parent to put things in perspective. There’s always someone who’s more tired than you, and the chances are you’re doing great.
Do you have any hints or tips for feeling better in the face of the Lost Sleep Of Motherhood? I’d love to hear what they are!
Like what you read here? Please consider voting for us in the Family & Lifestyle category of BritMums’ Brilliance in Blogging Awards 2017! All you need to do is click here, scroll down to the Family & Lifestyle category and fill in the details – my blog url: http://www.crummymummy.co.uk, my twitter id: @mrsnataliebrown and my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can even add your favourite post if you like. It takes just TWO minutes and I’ll eternally grateful! Thanks so much!
Linking up with…