Forty eight minutes. That’s how long the average parent gets to themselves each day according to a new study by recipe delivery service HelloFresh.
Apparently the average parent doesn’t sit down until 8.53pm in the evening and one in 10 say it’s after 10pm before they actually start to relax.
Forty eight minutes?!! I don’t know about you but 48 minutes of me time a day sounds like a lot to me – I’m lucky if I get 10!
So what can you do to maximise me time, even if you do only get 10 minutes of it?
10 things to do with 10 minutes me time
1. Absolutely nothing! “I just sit and do nothing. Doing absolutely nothing happens so rarely that it’s nice,” says Rachel at Coffee, Cake, Kids
2. Savour a cup of a coffee. “Read a magazine and drink a hot coffee rather than a lukewarm one!” says Laura at Woman in Progress (you could treat yourself to a coffee subscription like Coffeegram so you’re always prepared).
3. Curl up on the sofa with chocolate or cake. “I usually can’t do this on the sofa as my toddler would demand some too – I’m usually hidden behind a cupboard door in the kitchen,” says Lynne at New Mummy Blog
4. Have a nap. “A super-short, 10-minute power nap isn’t a replacement for a good night’s sleep, but most experts agree that even a short burst of shut-eye will help you feel more alert and less stressed,” says Elizabeth at The Homemakers Journal
5. Go online shopping. “It’s not like I ever get to do the real thing anymore and I can do some serious damage to the credit card in 10 minutes!” says Emma at The Money Whisperer
6. Yoga. “It’s incredibly good to ease the mind and relax the body. I had postnatal depression, so doing something like that really helped me,” says Ross at Isablog
7. Read. “I get out my book and read – bliss!” says Angela at The Life of Spicers
8. Do a facemask. “I do my nails whilst it sets,” says Emma at Emma Reed
9. Get some fresh air. “Go for a walk and listen to a podcast,” says Leandra at LarabeeUK
10. Pluck your eyebrows. “It’s very obvious that I haven’t had 10 minutes peace for quite some time!” says Becky at Mommy and Rory
Do you get 48 minutes of me time a day, or is it more like 10 minutes a day like me? How do you spend your me time? I’d love to know what you get up to!
This is a collaborative post.