Looking for a new pushchair or travel system? On the hunt for something practical and stylish that’s worth your hard earned cash?
Then read on!
We were recently asked to review ABC Design’s new Salsa 4 travel system, and I can honestly say it’s one of the best pushchairs we’ve ever reviewed (and we’ve reviewed a lot!)
If you haven’t come across ABC Design before they’re a German company with numerous awards under their belt, including a Made For Mums gong for the Salsa 4. And the German engineering shows.
There’s one-handed fold, wheel suspension and bearings, a reversible seat unit and an overnight sleep mattress: all little things but things that make a big difference when you’re out and about.
The littlest one and I put the Salsa 4 in Mountain grey through it paces (£750 – it’s also available in four other shades) and here’s 10 reasons I’m loving it.
10 reasons I’m loving ABC Design’s Salsa 4 travel system
1. The seat unit is higher up than lots of others on the market. So instead of riding at car fume level your baby is at grown-up level – perfect for interaction when they’re parent-facing, or watching the world go by when they’re forward-facing.
2. The pushchair seat is roomy. It’s not so super slim they’re squeezed in, and there’s plenty of headroom, even with the canopy pulled right over.
3. It’s pram, pushchair and car seat compatible. The Salsa 4 comes with both the carry cot and pushchair units and each piece clips on and off at the touch of a button on either side. This is a pram and pushchair combo that will last from birth through to toddlerhood.
4. The canopy of both the pram and the pushchair have SPF50 UV protection. So you can be confident their delicate skin is protected.
5. The five-point harness clips in one side at a time. So no struggling to marry up the buckles and get them in the clasp with one hand while wrestling with a planking baby with the other.
6. It’s got a height adjustable handle bar. Perfect when you’re five foot something and your other half is six foot something.
7. It’s got a height adjustable footrest. So you can angle it down when they’re older and sitting forward or up when they’re smaller and sleeping.
8. It’s got a huge shopping basket. And when I say huge I mean three bags of shopping, a PE kit and school ruck sack huge.
9. You can fold away the shopping basket. So if you’re not using it or want to attach a buggy board for an older child, you can.
10. The wheels are puncture proof. So no getting caught out with flat tyres while on the hoof.
My verdict: 5/5
I loved this travel system on all counts – I honestly don’t have one bad thing to say about it. I could be picky and say with the size of the pushchair seat a window in the hood would be nice so you can check on your baby when the seat is in forward-facing mode, but I’m picking holes. This is a great little system that will last until they don’t need wheels anymore. You won’t be disappointed – and neither will they!
This post was written in collaboration with ABC Design. As always all opinions are my own and based on my own honest opinion, and I would never recommend a product I don’t truly believe in.