What you can and can’t eat, what you can and can’t drink and the general inconvenience of it all.
It’s fair to say I’m not one of those people who enjoys being pregnant.
With the exception of feeling those little kicks and the second trimester when you feel vaguely human again, for me the best bit about pregnancy is not being pregnant anymore.
Especially when it gets to the last few weeks and all the things they don’t tell you about the third trimester start getting you down, and especially if you go overdue and all the things they don’t tell you about that get you down too.
The 10 best things about not being pregnant
1. You can finally have a guilt-free drink. Pass the prosecco please.
2. Being able to soak in a steaming hot bath without worrying about the temperature.
3. Eating pate. So far I’ve had pate on toast or crackers every day since Littlest B was born on Valentine’s Day. Because you always want what you can’t have.
4. Ditto brie and mould-ripened cheese. Although I haven’t eaten it every day. Honest.
5. Being able to roll over in bed without having to either hold on to something while hauling yourself into a different position or spending five minutes beforehand working out how on earth you’re going to do it.
6. Putting on socks without having to do it sideways and one handed.
7. Ditto shoes.
8. You can finally walk normally instead of waddling.
9. Rediscovering your pre-baby wardrobe. Bye bye leggings, hello jeans.
10. You finally get to meet the cause of all your aforementioned woes, which absolutely has to be the best thing about not being pregnant.
Well that’s gone by in a flash! #oneweekold #baby #babygirl #itsagirl #babynumberthree #newborn #valentinesbaby #simplychildren #simplethings #treasureeverymoment #our_everyday_moments #documentyourdays @eleanormarydesigns @diabeticdadruns
A post shared by Natalie Brown (@confessionsofacrummymummy) on
Did you enjoy being pregnant or did you hate it? What’s the best thing you found about not being pregnant anymore? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Linking up with…