What would you do if you won the lottery?
I don’t mean £10 or £100, I mean the jackpot – the sort of money that changes lives.
I’ve played the lottery for years now (check out Lottoland where you can bet on Lotto Plus and EuroMillionaire as well as international lotteries – scroll down to win £50 credit!) and although I’ve never won big money I haven’t given up hope – because you’ve got to be in it to win it, right?
Here’s what I’d do if I did win.
10 things I’d do if I won the lottery
1. Absolutely nothing. If I won the sort of money that means I don’t have to worry about money anymore I think the news would take a little while to digest. It might be tempting to rush out and start spending, but I think letting it sink in is probably a better idea.
2. Go on holiday. While letting the enormity of winning the jackpot sink in I’d book a holiday. A hot holiday. The sort of holiday with kids’ clubs and baby sitting services so you can actually relax – the sort of holiday I haven’t had since becoming a mum.
3. Pay off all our debts – and those of our family and friends. As a self employed stay-and-work-at-home mum with no paid holiday and eye watering nursery fees I can only dream what it must be like not to worry about money anymore. It sounds marvellous.
4. Buy a camper van. After hiring a VW California for Misery Guts’s 40th birthday we’re converts – the only thing is it cost £67,000 to buy new. Which is a bit out of our price range – unless we win the lottery, of course.
Our home until Friday! Child free for one more night for Misery Guts’s 40th birthday bonanza then the fun begins: fitting a family of 5 into a #vwcamper! Beyond excited! #halfterm #family #fun #camper #campervan #campervanlife #MyHappyCapture #capturingtheday #oureverydaymoments #documentyourdays #lokocampers @diabeticdadruns @lokocampers
5. Install a wine fridge. You know the sort of one I mean – with shelves you can lay the bottles on and a glass door so they’re not rolling around among milk and other awkward sized cartons at the bottom of the family fridge anymore.
6. Set up trust funds for the kids. Because camper vans and wine fridges are all very well, but we ought to think of the kids’ futures too.
7. Buy Misery Guts an insulin pump. As a type 1 diabetic he injects insulin up to 15 times a day, but with a pump it goes directly into his body without the needles and puncture wounds. They’re very expensive and although they are available on the NHS they’re not easy to get. He’s currently been on the waiting list for two years.
8. Learn to play the piano. I’ve always wanted to learn properly but have you seen the cost of lessons? Definitely not justifiable when you’ve got three kids and two at nursery.
9. See the Olympics in Japan in 2020. We lived in Tokyo in our early 20s and I’ve always wanted to go back, but five plane tickets to the other side of the world don’t come cheap. The 2020 Olympics will take place over my 40th birthday and being there then would be an amazing way to celebrate.
10. Don’t tell anyone! You might want to shout your new-found wealth from the rooftops but I reckon the less people who know the better.
I could easily come up with another 10 things I’d do if I won the lottery – and then another 10 – but these are the things I think I’d do first.
WIN £50 Lottoland credit!
If you fancy being in with the chance of winning the jackpot we’ve teamed up with Lottoland to offer one lucky reader £50 credit to spend at Lottoland.
You can spend the credit on any lotteries of your choice – from the Irish Lotto to WorldMillions.
All you have to do to be in with the chance of winning is comment on this blog post saying what you’d spend the money on if you won big via the Rafflecopter form below.
The competition is open until midnight on Friday July 6, 2018 and entrants must be 18+. Terms and conditions apply. Good luck!
What would you do if you won the lottery? Any of the above, or something else? I’d love to know!
This post was written in collaboration with Lottoland.