Ever think back to what you wore in your teens and twenties and wish it would make a comeback?
Then you’re not alone!
We’ve got Littlest B’s christening and first birthday party coming up and, in a bid to shed my usual mummiform of leggings and a nursing vest, I ventured into town in search of something suitable to wear.
Which is far easier said than done.
Am I the only one who walks into H&M and feels utterly and totally overwhelmed? And what’s with the music in Topshop? As for Zara, I didn’t even make it through the door.
So I ditched the high street in favour of a little shop specialising in vintage dresses from the 1920s to 1950s and low and behold I found ‘the one’ (if you want to know what it is head over to my Instagram account where I’ll no doubt be christening and birthday party spamming over the weekend!)
This got me thinking that there really is a lot to be said for old school fashion, so I asked some fellow mums and dads which old school fashion trends they wish would make a comeback and I have to say I agree with them all!
10 old school fashion trends we’d love to make a comeback!
1. Flares. “I do love it when a trend goes full circle. Flares are back and I’m one happy lady,” says Lynne at A Day In The Life Of A Mum of 6.
2. The Marilyn Monroe dress. “I love the cut of the 1950s dresses, they looked so feminine and in those days it was fashionable for women to have all the curves,” says Liberty at Liberty On The Lighter Side.
5. Shell suits. “They might have been hideous but man they were comfy,” says Laura at Five Little Doves.
6. Acid wash jeans. “I secretly think if you can rock them on trend or not, you just be ooooozing with confidence,” says Danielle at Tiny Tripping.
7. Glitter hairspray. “Just bring it back already!” says Jennie at Rice Cakes & Raisins.
8. The ‘Rachel’ haircut. “EVERYONE just had to have that – and I still kinda like it,” says Vikki at Family Travel With Ellie. (Um, I still actually have it!)
9. Curtains. “During the 90s, nearly every guy had a centre parting at some point. It took 30 seconds to get ready in the morning and you were ready to roll,” says Pete at Household Money Saving.
10. Cone bras. “Unless they’re universally agreed to be in fashion you just cannot get away with wearing one to the supermarket without causing a fuss,” says Kate at Ever After With Kids.
How about you? Do you have a Rachel haircut or do you still own a pair of combat trousers? What old school fashions trends do you still love? I’d love to know!
This is a collaborative post.