When was the last time you went out for a meal as a family?
If you can’t remember then I’ve got just the thing: the chance to win one of two Toby Carvery gift cards worth £20!
We were Toby Carvery virgins until we were asked to see what the newly-refurbished Toby Carvery Downlands in Worthing has to offer, and I have to say what we found took me by surprise.
If you haven’t been to a Toby Carvery before here’s what to expect.
10 reasons to visit Toby Carvery
1. The highchairs fit right under the table. So if you’ve got a baby they’re not sat away from you with a huge great tray in front of them.
2. There’s so much more than just carvery. If you’re vegan or vegetarian never fear: there’s all sorts on the menu from a meat-free carvery to a Portobello mushroom ‘bullseye’ tart.
3. There’s no need to bring baby food from home. The menu includes baby food pouches – here’s Littlest B chowing down on a Heinz Baby chicken dinner.
4. There’s colouring in for little ones. So there’s a good chance you might get a bit of peace and quiet.
5. You’re guaranteed to eat a meal hot. Unlike other restaurants where all the food comes at the same time – so if the baby decides they need a feed or the threenager starts kicking off you end up eating your dinner cold, again – at Toby Carvery you go up to the carvery when you’re ready. So we waited until the kids had their food and were happy before taking it in turns to get ours, meaning I actually got to eat a hot meal out for the first time in ages – win win!
6. The Yorkshire puddings are HUGE. Think the size of your fist, and double it.
7. The kids can make their own ice cream sundaes. And it doesn’t get much better than that when you’re six.
8. There’s giant-sized ice cream sundaes for the grown-ups. Of course I had to give this one a try – it would have been rude not to.
9. There’s a gin club. And if you sign up you’ll get a free gin & tonic – need I say more?
10. You can be THAT family and the staff won’t mind. Believe it or not I did try and clear our mess up, but the staff know how it is so there’s no need to feel guilty.
Win a £20 Toby Carvery gift card!
If you fancy winning a £20 gift card to spend at Toby Carvery Downlands or any Toby Carvery in the UK we’ve got two to give away – so there’s two chances of winning!
All you have to do to enter the competition is comment on this blog post saying who you’d take to Toby Carvery with you, visit Confessions of a Crummy Mummy on Facebook, visit Toby Carvery on Facebook, follow me on Twitter or follow Toby Carvery on Twitter via the Rafflecopter form below.
The competition runs from now until midnight on Wednesday January 31 and terms and conditions apply.
Have you been to a Toby Carvery recently? What’s your favourite thing about it?
We received a family meal at Toby Carvery Downlands in exchange for this post. As always all opinions are my own and based on my own honest experience.