Brace yourselves: this is going to be a bit of a ranty one (I’m blaming pregnancy hormones).
I don’t know what it is about having a baby on board, but you suddenly seem to find yourself on the receiving end of some really stupid comments, usually from strangers of course.
After writing about all the things you should never say to a pregnant woman, I thought I’d share the stupidest things I’ve been asked too.
The stupidest things I’ve been asked while pregnant
1. ‘Do you have a light?’ In this pregnancy alone I’ve been asked this question twice so far in the street. Seriously? Do I look like I’m likely to have a light?
2. ‘Would you like to try paintballing?’ Again, I’ve been asked this in the street by someone manning a stall. Oh yes, excellent idea. Putting myself in the line of fire of rock hard pellets hurtling through the air at goodness knows how many miles an hour – why didn’t I think of that?
3. ‘Do you know what you’re having?’ A baby, I hope! It could possibly be a giraffe though, it certainly feels like it at times…
4. ‘You must want a boy/girl.’ This is only marginally more annoying than ‘your husband/partner must want a boy/girl’. When I was expecting Little B the assumption seemed to be that because I already had a girl I must want a boy. Why must I? I’d simply like a baby!
5. ‘Is anything happening yet?’ Yes my waters broke and I’m almost fully dilated yet I’m on the bus, talking to you – a complete stranger – and I didn’t notice. Give me strength!
Were you asked stupid questions in pregnancy? What was the craziest thing you were asked?
Linking up with…